WEDDING NEWS, VENUE IDEAS, WEDDING PLANNING, etc.
Documentary wedding photography has taken me to some fantastic places in the UK and abroad, while allowing me to photograph an important stage in people’s lives. What a great privilege!! It’s on this page that I want to share that story with you when I show a few favourite images from these weddings. This is where I also post my latest news so you know what’s happening at Clive Blair Photography.
You’ll see the emphasis in my photography is not around posed group photos. Instead the solid emphasis is to be more of a fly-on-the-wall, natural documentary photographer capturing those fleeting moments that tell the story of each wedding.
“Pinterest-inspired” weddings has become very popular these days. This is when a photographer is given a long list of images gleaned from Pinterest and being asked to re-create these images on a wedding. But instead of trying to recreate images from someone else’s wedding, I’d rather capture the moments of YOUR history, creating YOUR unique images that no one else will ever, or can ever have. Which would you rather have?
I know which one sings to my heart! I hope these image will sing the same song for you too, inspiring you to enjoy the documentary, moment-driven style of wedding coverage.
FULL PRICES AND INFO
- 5 Tips for the Groom When Getting ReadyThe ladies have always had a knack at making the most out of their wedding day. “But lads, how can you and the boys do it too?” With these 5 simple tips. Your wedding day will be bound to be glorious.
- Winter Sun WeddingWinter weddings aren’t all about shooting in freezing weather and snow. Here’s a wedding shot in the glorious winter sun and how I made the best use of this dramatic lighting.
- Cave Wedding Venue | Dudley Limestone CavernsIf you’re looking for that alternative, offbeat and intimate wedding venue, consider this underground cave wedding venue in Dudley Limestone Cavern.
- Is it OK For The Groom to Cry?It’s 100% OK for a groom to cry at his wedding! But what if he’s expected to shed tears and he’s not that type of person? Read how to avoid that pressure.
- Thank You Letter | Clive Blair PhotographyIn amidst the current COVID-19 chaos, it was lovely to receive the following thank-you letter to brighten my day. It was from my last 2019 wedding, at Ettington Park for the lovely Daniel and Amy
- Traditional Hindu Wedding Photographer | Ravi and JenikaHindu weddings never fail to excite me, so I was over the moon and in for another treat, when Ravi and Jenika booked me to photograph their wedding celebrations.
- Hindu Pre-Wedding Ceremony | Ravi and JenikaIt was a privilege to be involved in this series of intimate pre-wedding ceremonies, especially as I’d already covered the couple’s pre-wedding shoot at Witley Court.
- Witley Court Pre-Wedding Shoot | Ravi and JenikaIt was great getting back to shoot another Witley Court pre-wedding shoot, especially on this glorious sunny day for Ravi and Jenika. See what fun we had!
- Outdoor Wedding at High House FillongleyWhat do you get when you mix a High House wedding celebration, a few German traditions and a Pool Jump at the end? You get an awesome wedding hosted by Chris and Sarah
- Golden Hour Sunset Wedding | Clive Blair PhotographyOne of the things I especially love about shooting at Bordesley Park is the chance to go for walk-about in their nearby field during the golden hour sunset.
- Just Got Engaged? | 15 Essential Things To Do NextJust got engaged and wondering what comes next? Here’s 15 essential things every engaged couple should start doing to start planning their perfect wedding.
- Cheshire Winter Wedding | Rebecca and RyanYou’d expect a winter wedding to be cold and damp, with poor lighting. But not this Mottram Hall wedding celebration. On one of the warmest winter’s day Rebecca and Ryan tied the knot at Mottram Hall.
- Forest of Arden Winter Wedding | Rebecca and JamesIt was a joy to be involved in this Anglo-Serbian winter wedding celebration at The Forest of Arden. There was so much energy from start to finish, which was characterised by drinking 1981 vintage plum brandy with plenty of dancing.
- Bordesley Park Wedding Testimonial | Antonia and DanRead why Antonia wrote, when looking at a few sneak peek images from her wedding: “My heart stopped at so many and tears were shed! They are truly beautiful!”
- Napton Windmill Wedding | Lucy and GeorgeWhen Lucy and George told me were they having their wedding reception in the grounds of Lucy’s parents home that had a windmill, to say I was excited, would be an understatement.
- Digbeth Birmingham Wedding | Brogan and BenI had an enjoyable day as Brogan and Ben’s The Bond Birmingham wedding photographer, especially as this was the first time visiting this unique venue on my doorstep.
- Family Wedding Photographer | Andrew and JaneThis is their third family wedding I’ve now covered, and it was lovely to catch up with old friends at Jane and Andrew’s wedding.
- Warbrook House Wedding | Ian and NerissaWhen a fellow photographer books me to cover their wedding, am I under pressure to deliver? You bet!! Here’s what I did for my friends Ian and Nerissa, who used Warbrook House Gardens Suite for their wedding reception
- Latest Awards | Wedding Photojournalist AssociationI’m stoked to say that another 2 of my images have been judged as worthy of an award! Added to that one of my images was even awarded a top Gold Award!!
- Birmingham Museum of Art Wedding | Najma and JeffThis was the first time I’d photographed a Birmingham Museum of Art Wedding and no wonder. Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery has only just started to host weddings so I’ve been privileged to be one of the first to shoot a full wedding at this stunning Grade 1 listed building in the heart of my home town Birmingham.
- How To Organise Your Modern WeddingYou may be a great manager. Maybe you run an office or run your own business. Multi-tasking is easy for you. That is until you decided to have a wedding. Follow these tips, and you are sure to have a beautiful wedding, with little stress.
- Old Library Wedding Venue in Birmingham | Katy and RobI knew I was in for a fun Old Library wedding celebration as soon as I saw the bride’s Irregular Choice wedding shoes!! The documentary approach suited their style and wishes to capture natural images of people just enjoying themselves.
- How to Plan Your Wedding From Abroad | Callum and JeanDon’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s plan sailing to plan your wedding from abroad, but it need not be a daunting task with the right team on board. See how I helped Jean plan her perfect wedding while she lived in China.
- Winter Wedding | Jade and DavidAs a Pendrell Hall wedding photographer recommended by the venue, winter weddings with the fading light didn’t worry me. Read how I tackled another wedding in my usual documentary manner with minimum fuss for everyone.
- Outdoor Humanist Wedding | Kayleigh and DanWhen Kayleigh wrote me saying: “The pictures are wicked! We’re so pleased!” I knew I’d delivered just what they wanted from their wedding images. View their photos and hopefull you’ll agree.
- Shropshire Wedding Photographer | Matthew and RachaelI had to work hard to get the most out of this beautiful venue. But boy did I enjoy myself! Everything came together at the right time for a stunning documentary record of their special day.
- Stanbrook Abbey Wedding Photographer | Charlotte and TedA fun relaxed, and also emotional winter wedding at Stanbrook Abbey for Charlotte and Ted. This was the first time and hopefully not the last to visit this lovely venue.
- Lake District Wedding Photographer | Jason and LisaJason booked me as his wedding photographer after secretly proposing to Lisa. View his proposal and wedding day images…
- Summer Wedding | Elizabeth and RussellSummer weddings are always a joy to capture. Especially when the sun is shining and everyone is having fun. That’s a fitting description for this wedding I covered in June.
- Country Manor House Wedding PhotographerWhat did I do when I was about to leave at the end of this fabulous wedding day, but then saw the party was just getting started?…
- Grafton Manor Wedding Photographer | Sherie and Darryl“These are just absolutely stunning, we couldn’t have asked for more. We love all the moments you’ve captured throughout the day, thank you so much for your hard work”
- Indian Wedding Photographer | Sahiti and NitinView an Indian wedding as photographed by the venue’s recommended photographer – award-winning photographer Clive Blair Photography.
- Spring Rural Wedding | Jamie and LizzieView a beautiful spring Bordesley Park Farm wedding reception as photographed by documentary wedding photographer Clive Blair.
- Your West Midlands Wedding Magazine | Featured WeddingYour West Midlands Wedding magazine April/May 2017 features another wedding by documentary Birmingham wedding photographer Clive Blair.
- Avoncroft Museum Pre-Wedding Shoot | Jamie and Lizzie“Just wanted to say a massive thank you for Sunday; you made Lizzie and I feel so much more comfortable and at ease during our photo session! Can’t wait to see the photos.” Then, after seeing their photos they both sent me this message: “These images are amazing. We’re are both so happy with the…
- Hampton Manor Wedding Photographer | Hollie and MattIt was great being Hollie and Matt’s Hampton Manor wedding photographer, as I’d not been back to Hampton Manor for a few years. I love this venue so much It’s now listed amongst my list of Best Wedding Venues in the West Midlands.
- Worcestershire Wedding PhotographerRachel and Matt sent a lovely note thanking me for being their Worcestershire wedding photographer. Read it and see their images in their wedding blog post.
- Coombe Abbey Wedding Photography“You captured our day so perfectly and just looking at the pictures brings back all the emotions and special moments. We can’t thank you enough for being part of our day, you are truly wonderful at your job and a lovely guy as well, which made the whole experience so easy!”
- Staffordshire Wedding PhotographerView a wedding by Staffordshire wedding photographer, Clive Blair. His documentary style perfectly suited this relaxed, summer’s day wedding celebration.
- Botleys Mansion Wedding | Tanya and CharlieIt was a pleasure to be invited again to photograph another Botleys Mansion wedding, as this was the second time I’d been there. This exclusive-use mansion house in the Surrey countryside, allows you to have a unique wedding ceremony. If you’re looking for a special place for your wedding, put this on your list to…
- Winter Barn Wedding | Elizabeth and LloydWinter weddings have their challenges. See how documentary wedding photographer documents a Wishaw Country Sports barn wedding reception held in December.
- Asian Wedding Photographer | Clive Blair PhotographyAs a recommended photographer for Ragley Hall, it’s always a pleasure to return for another Civil and Indian wedding. View Manisha and Sunny’s celebrations.
- Country Barn Wedding | Emily and RobRead about another Country Barn wedding by documentary wedding photographer Clive Blair, who returns for Emily and Rob’s wedding celebrations.
- Destination Wedding in Mexico | Claire and AdeBeing a destination wedding photographer is a great job! It means I get to visit beautiful destinations such as Cancun in Mexico, as I did for Claire and Ade’s wedding.
- Ways to Propose | Jason and Lisa in BirminghamWe decided that around 3pm on Dec 5th he would take Lisa into Birmingham and they’d stand by a predesignated street sign and he would pretending to look for directions, giving me chance to spot them in the crowd. (We sent each other a few secret text messages to co-ordinate things with military precision!) Then…
- East Meets West Wedding | Huong and MattAs the very first Pendrell Hall photographer, see how award-winning wedding photographer Clive Blair Photography captured this Anglo-Oriental celebration.